OMSB affirmed the value of fostering a positive learning environment through its Strategy Plan and Roadmap 2040. The need for creating virtual learning environments would help OMSB to establish the foundations for life-long learning and continuing professional development. OMSB understands the importance of future integration between simulation, faculty and resident development modules, e-resources and research training provided by different OMSB departments, which would maximize the synergies between life-long learning and workforce productivity.
OMSB has launched the e-learning solutions aimed at residents and other healthcare professionals (including practicing/non-practicing professionals across medical, nursing and allied health).
- To enhance learning experiences through creating accessible and interactive methods not constrained by time and place
- To enhance the professional learning offerings provided by OMSB through understanding the learning needs of the health care professions.
- Maximize learning opportunities and translation of knowledge by adopting a highly engaging and interactive digital platform that would optimize costs and increase revenues to OMSB.
- Identify the need to develop tailored content that leads to quality education and facilitate sharing of best practices.
- Improve and manage life-long learning and continuing professional development
- in the health care sector in Oman.