The OMSB-ACGME Faculty Development Course is a 3-day program on assessment for faculty from across OMSB programs who teach GFP trainees, residents and fellows across different specialties. The goal of this course is to provide attendees with the essential skills to be able to assess and provide feedback to trainees.
It is crucial for faculty to have a shared mental model on assessment criteria and expectations. Furthermore, faculty should have a shared understanding of the data required from multiple sources in order to consolidate and make performance judgments (sometimes without having worked with the trainee). The course will equip faculty with the skills required for assessment through a mix of lectures, workshops, and practical hands-on experience.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Discuss the implications of competency based medical education
2. Employ tools for effective assessment and feedback
3. Understand and apply techniques to improve direct observation
4. Identify skills to run effective Clinical Competency Committee (CCC) meetings
- Course Director: Raghdah Al Bualy